Monday, August 17, 2015

financial advice

I wish you were around to give me some financial advise. I got an estimate for the roof work tonight. $7,200 to tear the shingles and plywood off, replace the broken beams, replace the plywood and shingles, and redo the flashing around the chimney. I was worried it would be half that.

My options are:

  • borrow the money from my home equity line of credit and owe even more on the house
  • take the money from my retirement savings and pay income taxes on it for this year
  • take the money from an investment account and pay some capital gains taxes for this year

None of these appeal to me, but since I haven't won the lottery ever, I have to do something. The life of a wealthy slum lord if full of decisions :)

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment