Sunday, August 16, 2015

You still there?

Hey Frank. It's been a little over six months since you died. February 12, 2015 will always be a dark day for me. Of course it was darker for you. Grief is selfish in a way. I feel bad for you dying, and for Melissa having to go on without you, but I feel sorry for not having you to talk to also.

I'm sure you're out there somewhere. I'm not big on religion, but what I have faith in is that there is a higher power out there, and the higher power is fair. You can call that karma if you like. What it means is you're in a better place. I'm going to assume you can tap into this blog. If I'm wrong I'll never know. At least not until I die too. Nobody gets out alive.

I'm going to start using you as my sounding board again. I've been floundering. That's my fault, but I'm going to see if you can help me out. Don't be surprised if I ask you dumb questions. I always did. I usually got some pretty good answers though. Now I'll have to figure it out for myself, but you and I both know we were never about getting help as much as we were about finding out if we were so far out in left field we'd never make it back to the dugout.

That's all for now. I'll keep in touch.

Jerry