Tuesday, August 25, 2015

stock scream

Been a few days Frank. Sunday things quieted down after the four wheeler action Saturday. I just took it easy. Even the dogs just laid around. It got up to 93 and I broke down and turned the A/C on.

Then Monday and today it's been great weather. The high was both days, with a nice breeze that almost feels chilly today. It was down to 51 last night. I actually slept under a throw for the first time since spring petered out.

The house in Plano is moving ahead. I have a lease I wrote, that the tenants approve. I have to move it to work and pretty it up now. They want a clause for their intent to purchase put in there. That's good news. I'm still waiting for an estimate on the foundation work though. That's the other shoe I'm waiting to drop.

Work is picking back up for Rick. I'm not sure if he was on vacation or just busy doing other stuff. He's back to the four or five emails in the morning and then nothing the rest of the day. At least he's communicating now. The website is pretty much done for this phase. I'm working bugs and features in the shipping program now.

I have to make a batch of tea this evening and then I have a dentist appointment to have my teeth cleaned tomorrow. Something I always look forward too. Not! I'll grab a few groceries and may be have a meal someplace. Since the dentist appointment is at 1:00 in the afternoon, it's going to be a late lunch.

I did go wading with a gar last night. I caught some nice fish but this three foot gar swam right up next to me. I had to poke it with the fishing pole to get it to leave. That was kind of a hoot.


The stock market continues to drop like a rock. Yesterday the DOW was down over 500 and today over 200. Today was particularly scary because it was up almost 400 at one point and then plunged toward the end of the session. I'm not planning to walk under any tall buildings on Wall Street soon. Falling stock brokers are a health hazard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment