Thursday, August 20, 2015

crazy days

Frank it's been crazy lately. I did some fishing yesterday morning and it started raining while I was standing in the middle of the creek. I hightailed it back to the trailer, but Chili decided to go the other way.

When I got back I got cleaned up and left about 10:30 to meet Jessica at Sam's. I got there a little early, but we got some shopping done, and then had lunch at Famous Dave's. Nothing like a little BBQ to settle your tummy. Then I headed back towards home.

I stopped at Walmart in Aurora to get some of the little stuff that Sam's makes you buy a 55 gallon drum of. Then I headed to the vet to get stuff for the dogs. The debit card wouldn't clear at the vet because that would have put me over a $500 limit for the day, so I had to use my Discover. That tells you how expensive the day was.

Chili was waiting on the porch when I got home about 4:00. That was a relief. I got everything put away and kind of took it easy for the rest of the night.

Well, except for calling the contractor about the roof and settling on how to pay him. He wants half up front and the rest when I'm satisfied. Then I talked to a foundation guy. He's going to take a look at the place later this week. Probably tomorrow. That was all Wednesday.

This morning I got up and started trying to figure out where to move money to pay for the roof. The money from the funds I sold was there, but I couldn't transfer it out of the account. I got online with e*trade and they told me that a sale of funds takes three days to clear and that I can get at the money on Friday. Great. I'm sure glad I sold it Tuesday because the market was down 163 on Wednesday and 358 today. I dodged that bullet.

Then Rick emailed with an "emergency". The customer comparison program I did last winter to reconcile their shopping cart system with their shipping system was broken. Actually, we'd talked about this before and their system won't handle last names that have apostrophes in them. They said they never let that happen and change them before they get into the system. Well the order that broke the system was for a man named O'Brian. Duh!

So I had to turn on two of the computers I've had off since the big power outage this summer and get them working so I could test a fix. A fix I suggested to them last winter, but they never get names with apostrophes :) Anyway I got that done for them about 3:00 this afternoon. Of course Rick won't respond to any of the three or four emails I sent until sometime tomorrow.

Now I'm fixing to have something for supper. I had a bologna sandwich for lunch. Maybe I'll have some hotdogs for supper. I don't feel like a diet shake tonight. Actually, I never feel like a diet shake :)

Still waiting for a sign your getting this. If I bought lottery tickets I'd settle for a winner, but a tornado sucking up the house in Plano would be a Jim Dandy sign :)

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment